Choosing A Condo In High Rise Buildings!
When choosing a condo, many factors are taken into account. One of them is the height at which you will live. The experience of our parents is not relevant today, because the technology and quality of construction have changed radically, so it is necessary to take a fresh look at the choice of real estate.
In this article, we will analyze the pros and cons of living on the upper floors, which will help you make an informed decision and choose housing that meets all your requirements.
Dessert is usually served at the end, so let’s start with the cons.
- The time spent to go outside. If you are going to buy an apartment in an already rented house, then stay in the entrance for 10-15 minutes and test the elevators. It is important to evaluate not only the speed of the elevator, but also their number, because due to the high density of apartments in the entrance, “traffic” can form.
- The noise from the elevator is an item that should be paid attention to by those who plan to live on the top floor and those whose apartments will be adjacent to the mine. Go into the apartment, listen, does the elevator work cause discomfort, how good is the sound insulation of the premises?
- The elevator is an important mechanism for living in a high-rise building, fortunately, elevator breakdowns are eliminated quickly and will cause a minimum of inconvenience.
- When buying a home, check with the developer how the water supply networks are distributed. Do they meet the standards? Proper construction of a water supply system is especially important for a good water pressure in apartments on the upper floors.
- On floors above 20, there is dry air. For a comfortable stay and the health of the respiratory systems, use air humidifiers.
- The point relating to both the pros and cons is a direct hit of the sun in the windows. In the warm season, the apartment cannot do without air conditioning and curtains, especially if the Windows are large panoramic.
- The fear of heights worsens with the appearance of those who are dear to us in the house. Latches on the windows, a temporary grid, a transparent screen or an anti-glare grid on the opening sash will make the home safe and save your nerves.
Now let’s talk about the positive side of living in upper
- The sun’s daytime lighting.
- Neither smog nor smoke from factories gets into apartments above the 16th floor. Open windows will provide the room with a lot of fresh air.
- A magnificent panoramic view of the city and give your eyes a rest after a long day.
- The “top” of the house is protected from the hustle and bustle characteristic of the first floors of the building. The apartment will protect you from strangers, car sounds and other noise.
- The visit of unwanted guests in the form of insects is excluded from above.
- The advantage for those who choose the last floor is the absence of neighbours from above.
- Modern residential complexes are characterized by non-standard layouts. This can be a penthouse or an improved version of a standard apartment.
- Living at a height gives a sense of inaccessibility!
Summing up, the fact that the pros and cons in each individual case may outweigh in one direction or another. For example, if your home is located near a forest belt, then both on the first and on the last floors there will be freshness, normal air humidity and a sufficient amount of oxygen.
In other circumstances, when the windows overlook a busy highway, the house cannot do without additional air purification and clogged windows will be an advantage, since they will get rid of noise and harmful exhaust gases.
My many years of experience and knowledge of the city will help you choose a reliable home and protect you from the time-consuming process of making a transaction.