Moving To A New Condo? How To Organize It Correctly.
MOVING TO A NEW COND IS ACCOMPANIED BY TURMOIL AND EXCITEMENT.
In this case, it is difficult to collect your thoughts, do not forget anything and do everything right. Ideally, if you are planning a great migration, contact the services that specialize in moving. But if you think this is a waste of money and want to organize everything yourself, use our tips.
AT THIS STAGE, IT IS IMPORTANT TO THINK EVERYTHING THROUGH IN ADVANCE.
- Select a date. It sounds corny, but people do not always think about the importance of the day of moving to a new apartment. First, the date should suit all family members. Secondly, try not to choose holidays or other days on which city events are planned: this is fraught with traffic jams and a significant time delay.
- Find helpers. On the one hand, I don’t want to pull anyone and load them with my problems. On the other hand, moving requires not only concentration, but also considerable physical effort. What is the cost of careful loading and unloading of furniture, which is not always provided by shipping companies? Enlist the support of family and friends.
- Think about how you will take out large furniture and appliances. Often, they can be assembled and disassembled, but not always. Discuss this with your assistants to minimize the chance of damage to furniture and household appliances.
- Prepare everything for packing things. These are boxes, bags, bubble polyethylene, special fillers, ropes, tape and much more. Immediately decide that the overall and less fragile items will be lying at the bottom during transportation, and the light and fragile ones will be on top.
- Plan where you will put the furniture after unloading it. Most likely, you have already seen the new apartment and managed to estimate the layout plan. Make sure that your assistants are also aware of where everything needs to be put: this will save time and nerves. Also take care of the neighbours: your move should not turn into discomfort for them.
Everything is superfluous. Do you keep old things as a tribute to a good memory? During the move, it is worth rethinking the importance of these things. To ensure that things are packed correctly and there is no confusion during the unpacking process, sort them into boxes in advance and mark them. Accuracy is also important here. Take care that unpacking and arranging furniture does not damage the new apartment. To do this, cover the doorways and other vulnerable places with cardboard.
Well, that’s it! Following these simple tips, you will greatly facilitate the move, saving yourself from the hassle and waste of time.