Abeja District Condos Block 1 is a new condo project by Cortel Group in Vaughan. This pre-construction project is located at 2901 Rutherford Rd, at the intersection of Jane Street and Rutherford Road. It has an expected occupancy of 2023.
The first phase to be developed in this area and will consist of three mixed-use, high-rise towers. Tower A will be 27-storeys high, while Tower B will be 26 storeys high and Tower C will be 30-storeys high. Offering luxurious suite sizes from 415 sq.ft to 1,560 sq.ft and layouts of 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom plus den, 2 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms plus den, 3 bedrooms and live/work units.
The proposal will support the Vaughan Mills Centre Secondary Plan which aims to increase employment, open spaces such as public parks and community amenities, increase pedestrian access and promote sustainability.
Abeja District towers will be modern with light coloured panelling, straight edges on the tower’s structure yet curved balconies to give the towers some depth.
All three towers will be connected by one shared podium and a shared courtyard to enhance the notion of creating one community.
The shared podium will have a variety of commercial uses on the ground floor and potential community uses such as a daycare centre. In total, all three towers will have 824 residential units.
- 475 one-bedroom units
- 273 two-bedroom unit
- 67 three-bedroom units
Amenity space is approximately 26,500 sq.ft of indoor and outdoor space. The building amenities you will find at Abeja District Block 1 are on level 3 an artist studio, on level 4 a theatre, on level 5 you will find fitness room, wellness spa (plunge pool, infrared sauna, etc), yoga room, lounge (party room), work hub and outdoor terraces.
The outdoor amenity space will reside across the podium on the fifth and seventh floor. Verde outdoor amenities will be a ground level greenspace for all residents, playgrounds, water features, an amphitheater, a community centre, rooftop terrace with BBQ, Dining and lounge areas, outdoor meeting and fitness spaces.
The features and finishes will be 9′ smooth ceilings (excluding areas with dropped ceilings and bulkheads), premium stainless steel standard appliance builder package (dishwasher, fridge, stove), in-suite convenient stacked laundry, 5′-deep soaker tub or shower as per plan, 24-hour video surveillance, sleek kitchen & bathroom cabinetry, choice of a variety of designer quartz or upgraded stone kitchen countertop finishes, bathroom and laundry modern tile flooring.
Location & Neighbourhood
Based on the Vaughan Mills Centre Secondary Plan, we can expect to see major developments in this vicinity in the future.
Vaughan Mills mall is only across the street from Abeja District Condos. Vaughan Mills is one of the largest enclosed shopping centres in Canada. The complex offers over 200 shops, restaurants and entertainment options and has an organized and accessible public transportation area.
Only a few blocks away is Canada’s Wonderland, one of the country’s largest theme-parks and a great way to spend a bright sunny day with family and friends.
This area is only a 10 minute drive to the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, the first subway expansion in Vaughan that will get residents to downtown Toronto in a mere 45 minutes.
Top 5 Reasons to Live at Abeja District Condos
1. Lifestyle Amenities – Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre is located just 2 minutes away from home. This mall is one of the largest in the country, spanning over 1.3 million sqft and offers over 200 outlet stores, dining, and entertainment options. Canada’s Wonderland is a 331-acre theme park with over 17 rollercoasters, rides, and attractions. The park is just a few minutes up the street. The surrounding area has everything residents of Abeja District Condos could need including plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
2. Transit Options – YRT services the area and bus routes run right past the front door of Abeja District Condos. This allows riders to travel seamlessly throughout the city and York Region and also offering easy connections to VIVA, Zum, and TTC transit services. Residents can take one bus from Vaughan Mills Bus Terminal, which is located just steps away, arriving at Vaughan Metropolitan Centre station in approximately 15 minutes, taking the subway straight into Union Station in just over an hour.
3. Highway Access – Highway 400 is conveniently located just 3 minutes down the street from Abeja District Condos. Motorists can easily escape the city and go up North to Cottage Country for the weekend or connect to other major thoroughfares in the GTA including Highways 7, 407, and 401. Motorists can easily commute into Toronto’s downtown core in just under 40 minutes.
4. Great Investment – The city of Vaughan is quickly becoming a popular destination for families and first-time homebuyers who can’t afford the increasingly rising price point of the Toronto real estate market. Abeja District Condos is located close to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre which is quickly developing into the city’s new exciting downtown core. With easy access to highways, transit, lifestyle amenities, great schools and post-secondary institutions, and the city of Toronto located just to the South, but with a lower price point, it makes for a great opportunity for investors and end-users alike.
5. Cortel Group – This local real estate development company was established in the early 1970s and since then has been creating commercial and residential properties all over the province of Ontario. They strive to build complete communities full of family-friendly areas and green spaces, that are also located near transportation and lifestyle services. These amenities help to create a sense of community, connectedness, and provide a better life for their homebuyers.