- Updated On:
- June 22, 2020
Top 5 Reasons to Live at Lake & Town According to CondoNow
1. Educational Institutions – Lake & Town offers up an amazing opportunity for investors because of its close proximity to Humber College and its Lake Shore campus, which is located just 1 minute away. Post-Secondary students will be just 1 minute away from classes, making it a great choice for off-campus living. Toronto Police College, middle schools, and high schools are also located within walking distance.
2. The Lakefront – Residents of Lake & Town will be able to enjoy being just minutes away from the city’s lakefront and several green spaces and lush parks including Colonel Samuel Smith Park which offers an off-leash dog area and a skating trail during the winter for residents to enjoy.
3. Major Thoroughfares – Motorists will enjoy having easy access to Lake Shore Blvd which can connect them to the Gardiner Expressway in just 8 minutes, and Toronto’s downtown core is under 25 minutes away. Residents of Lake & Town will also have easy access to nearby Highway 427, which is also just 8 minutes away, and the QEW.
4. Lifestyle Amenities – Lake Shore Blvd is conveniently located just south of Lake & Town, providing residents easy access to plenty of lifestyle amenities including dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
5. Transit Options – TTC streetcar and bus routes are located just steps away from Lake & Town making it easy for residents to travel throughout the area or commute into Union Station. Mimico GO station is also easily accessible, just 5 minutes away and the Lakeshore West route will transport riders into Union Station in approximately 20 minutes.
Menkes is an award-winning development company that was founded 60 years ago and since then they have been building quality family homes and master-planned communities of superior value in prime city locations.
Lake & Town Specs
Number of Storeys 3
Total Number of Suites 200
Suites Starting Floor 1
Floor Plans 2
Suite Size Range 1091 – 1302 sq ft
Ceiling Height 9′
Request Parking Price
Request Locker Price
Architects Turner Fleischer Architects
Est. Maint $0.19 / sq ft / month
Request Locker Maint
Request Parking Maint
Est. Property tax 1% of the price / year
Notes: Hydro and Water Metered Separately. (Includes common elements, building insurance, landscape maintenance, snow and waste removal)
Lake and Town is an urban townhome development headed to the The New Toronto neighbourhood of Etobicoke. The development from Menkes is slated to stand at 225 Birmingham Street, nestled at the Lake Shore Boulevard and Islington Avenue intersection.
Lake and Town Etobicoke will consist of urban townhomes just North of Lake Shore Blvd. & Islington Ave.
A friendly & convenient place to call home. South Etobicoke’s most vibrant parkside community! The project will consist of 210 units
Key Features And Finishes
• Unique and innovative.
• Secured community underground parking garage with visitor parking, as well as additional visitor parking at grade.
• Oak staircase.
• Quartz countertops with breakfast counter.
• Stainless steel appliance package.
• 9 ceiling heights on main levels.
• Wood deck flooring on private roof top terraces
Est. Occupancy Spring 2022
VIP Launch Feb 15, 2020
Total Min. Deposit 16%
Deposit Notes $5,000 on Signing
Balance to 5% in 30 days
5% in 60 days
2.5% in 240 days
2.5% in 360 days
1% on Occupancy
CAPPED Development Charges
Request Assignment Policy