Your House Hunting Checklist
Hunting for a new house can be an overwhelming process. To make your life easy, we thought of creating a house hunting checklist. If you can follow this checklist, you can overcome hassle and end up with finding the best home available out there. To further assist you, we thought of dividing the house hunting checklist into two categories as interior and exterior.
- New additions – You should first check and see whether the house has any prohibited additions. There are situations where people add additions to their houses to get extra space. It is perfectly fine to have extensions to the house, but you should make sure that proper permits are available for them.
- Floor and wall condition – Cracks in walls, watermarks, and wrapped floors are quite displeasing to your eyes. Therefore, you will need to stay away from purchasing such houses as much as possible. If you really want to buy such a house, you can do a bit of digging and then see whether they have been used to cover up bigger issues. This is where you should focus on termites and water damage.
- Integrated systems and fixtures – You will also need to focus on the integrated systems and fixtures such as cooling and heating systems and electrical wiring. Eroded wires and leaky water heaters are some red flags to be mindful about.
- Odours – It is a good idea to focus on the odours that you experience during the inspection. Musty smells indicate the presence of mold and mildew inside the house.
- The lawn – The lawn is responsible for delivering a curb appeal to your house. Therefore, you will need to check and see whether the lawn looks healthy and green. If brown and yellow spots are visible, it is a good idea to stay away from purchasing that house.
- Community – After you purchase the house, you are going to live with the community. This is why you should check and see whether there is a good community around the house or not. You will need to focus on noise pollution, crime rates, school rankings, traffic flow, amenities, and proximity to work.
Focus on these factors when you are hunting for a new house. Then you can make sure that you will end up with locating the most perfect house available out there.